To qualify for Henry Plumb funding you need to be between 18 and 35 years old. After that it’s easier to list what our ideal candidate will, and won’t, need:
Our ideal candidate
- The ambition to become part of the future of agriculture. The industry needs the skills, knowledge and vitality of young people.
- A workable idea for a business. From pig rearing and butchery to a social media project, we have been amazed and impressed by the business plans we have received so far. (see Henry’s Heroes)
- An area of study that will lead to a future career in food or farming. This could be in the UK or abroad.
- The drive and enthusiasm to make their plans a reality.
- A farming background
- Previous agricultural experience
- Academic qualifications
For more information on how you can apply click here.